The Lahore American School (LAS) is an independent co-educational day school, which offers a U.S. based educational program from Preschool through Grade 12 for students of all nationalities. Founded in 1956 to serve American students overseas, LAS has developed into a highly recognized international institution following an American college preparatory curriculum.
Lahore American School is a Middle States Association (MSA) accredited school in Lahore, Pakistan. LAS implements an American program with appropriate content, teaching strategies/resources, certified teachers and student assessment practices. Our school offers a number of Advanced Placement (AP) courses in high school and our graduates attend some of the finest universities the world has to offer.
The school’s emphasis is on providing an American education and its mission is to empower among its students the leadership, character, compassion, and courage to make the world a better place. LAS has a long history of success in placing its graduates into the most competitive American institutions of higher learning and is justifiably proud of the many achievements its alumni have made in countless fields of endeavor.
All programs at LAS are structured in order to meet the LAS Mission, uphold the LAS Beliefs, and create students who embody the LAS Profile of Graduates. It is important that LAS parents educate themselves about the LAS Mission, Beliefs and Profile of Graduates below to ensure that they support their children in the learning process.
- Igniting Passion for Learning
- Connecting to the World
- Building our Community
- Preparing for the Future
- Realizing our Potential
- Learning comes first.
- Each of us is unique and learns in a variety of ways.
- School is a place where each of us is challenged and inspired to do our best.
- Each of us has the responsibility to support one another in our learning.
- Each of us has the responsibility to make a useful contribution to the world as members of both the local and global communities.
- We must learn in ways that will prepare us for success in a rapidly changing world.
Profile of graduates
Facilities for students at LAS
Lahore American School is an independent coeducational school based in the historical and cultural heart of Pakistan. It is home to 410 students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 from a number of countries including Canada, the United States and Korea.
The school evolved from a former private home and in 1956 became a modern campus allowing for the delivery of a superior American based curriculum in contemporary facilities.
The four and a half acre campus has been developed into a dynamic educational facility with state-of-the-art technology and purpose build classrooms that allow our students to develop academically, socially and physically while retaining a close connection to their cultural roots. A purpose built, performing arts auditorium allows parents to take part in regular assemblies and student performances.
The LAS campus includes the following:
- Two (2) purpose built ICT labs
- A 20,000 volume modern library
- Purpose built science laboratories
- Purpose built art rooms
- A state-of-the-art auditorium
- A multi purpose indoor sporting facility
- A covered swimming pool
- A grassed soccer field
- An indoor gymnasium
- An outdoor playground with climbing frames
- A modern cafeteria with indoor and outdoor seating areas
- A health clinic