Learning Support Teacher Assistant for Elementary School
Vacancy Announcement: Learning Support Teacher Assistant for Elementary School
Lahore American School is looking for competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidates to fill a full-time position for Learning Support TA for Elementary
- Bachelor’s Degree-BA/BSc/Hons from universities and colleges of higher repute
(Preferred institution will vary depending on the job/subject, as per the HEC ranking)
- GPA>3.0/first division
- Two years of classroom experience
- Excellent English Language skills – all four strands (speaking, writing, reading, listening) should be verified
- Three references (submitted by shortlisted candidates and verified)
- Appropriate ICT skills
1. Organisation, Leadership, Management
- Be aware of the policies and practices of the school (e.g., Inclusion, Teaching and Learning, Human Resources, Team Essential Agreements, Behaviour Management, etc.) and share in collective responsibility for their implementation.
- Establish fair, respectful, trusting, supportive, and constructive relationships with students and colleagues.
- Have high expectations of students, including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential.
- Demonstrate the positive values, attitudes, and behavior expected of students
- Follow the Performance Management and/or Appraisal process proactively, seeking opportunities to address agreed areas for development.
- Have a commitment to collaboration and cooperative working and be willing to share good practices and ideas.
- Assist the Learning Support Teacher with maintaining student records
- Plan for and support students (one to one or small group) through in-class/co-teaching or withdrawal lessons as directed by the Learning Support and Homeroom Teachers to help with specific learning tasks based on IEP targets.
- Implement research-based and effective intervention strategies and programs to support student skills acquisition and development.
- Provide timely, accurate, and appropriate feedback on student progress and areas of development during IEP review meetings.
- Provide written progress reports based on IEP targets when requested or as scheduled.
- 3. Student Support
- Support identified students as directed to help develop their academic, behavior, and social-emotional skills.
- Support the Learning Support Teacher and Director of Learning Support Services with administrative tasks as required.
- Undertake other tasks, such as playground duty, exam invigilation, etc. as instructed by the Director of Learning Support Services and/or Principal.
- 4. External Relations
- Attend parent meetings and other events as instructed by the Director of Learning Support Services.
- Promote a positive image of the school in the wider community.
- Attend relevant functions, assemblies, and events as required by the Director of Learning Support Services and/or Principal.
- Be involved in, and supportive of, the activities of the Learning Support.
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development as requested by the Director of Learning Support Services.
- Any other duties as instructed by the Director of Learning Support Services
Interested candidates are requested to submit their resumes at email@example.com latest by June 10, 2021.
Note: Applications that do not comply with the above criteria will not be considered.