Employment at LAS
Applying to LAS
We thank you for your interest in Lahore American School!
At LAS, we are committed to employing well-trained, highly-qualified, and diverse faculty and staff. Your future colleagues share values depicted in our unique Mission Statement – igniting passion for learning, building our community, preparing for the future and realizing our potential – and we place critical importance on attracting highly talented individuals to join the LAS community and aid us in inculcating these values in our students.
How to Apply – Local Faculty and Staff
Local talented individuals who are keen to work in a collaborative environment and willing to enhance their skill set through professional development are welcome to submit an application to us for any vacancy that suits their profile. If you are interested in an opening, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attach the following, and indicate the title of the position in the subject line of the email:
- Updated resume and cover letter
- Copy of CNIC/NICOP/Pakistani work visa
- At least three references (names, designations, email and contact numbers)
- Only the references from current or previous supervisors will be considered
- Indicate if you are related to any current employee/s of LAS and their name/s
- Any other requirements listed under the position you are interested in
Position: Secondary School Teacher (part-time)
- Excellent English Language skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mandarin or any related discipline(Master’s Degree will be preferred)
- Professional work proficiency in Mandarin
- Graduation in first division
- Three confidential references
- Appropriate ICT skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with foreign education
- Ability to establish a good rapport with teachers and students
- Ability to maintain discipline, tact, courtesy
- Use good judgment to support LAS guidelines and policies
- Physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
- Teach Mandarin in accordance with LAS curriculum
- Develop materials and resources to aid with teaching a modern language
- Understand and be committed to the ethos, principles and objectives of Lahore American School
- Contribute to the overall functioning and well-being of the school and community, working as a member of the team
- Promote equal opportunities and achievement for all students
- Enable students of all abilities to learn and recognize a foreign language.
- Prepare and teach Mandarin in line with the integrated nature of the Curriculum
- Maintain high standards of student engagement, progress and behavior during the lesson
- Prepare and plan lessons, including content, timing, resources
- Ensure effective differentiation
- Assess and report student’ progress
- Report to the secondary principal.
- Participate in the staff and faculty meetings
Overseas teaching positions are advertised through International School Services (www.iss.edu) and TIE Online (www.tieonline.com). LAS attends ISS international recruiting fairs throughout the year. For the 2017-2018 school year recruiting, LAS will be attending ISS in Atlanta in December and San Francisco in February.
You may also inquire about overseas positions by sending an email to email@example.com .