Applying to LAS
We thank you for your interest in Lahore American School!
At LAS, we are committed to employing well-trained, highly-qualified, and diverse faculty and staff. Your future colleagues share values depicted in our unique Mission Statement – igniting passion for learning, building our community, preparing for the future and realizing our potential – and we place critical importance on attracting highly talented individuals to join the LAS community and aid us in inculcating these values in our students.
How to Apply – Local Faculty and Staff
Local talented individuals who are keen to work in a collaborative environment and willing to enhance their skill set through professional development are welcome to submit an application to us for any vacancy that suits their profile. If you are interested in an opening, please send an email to email@example.com, attach the following, and indicate the title of the position in the subject line of the email:
- Updated resume and cover letter
- Copy of CNIC/NICOP/Pakistani work visa
- At least three references (names, designations, email and contact numbers)
- Only the references from current or previous supervisors will be considered
- Indicate if you are related to any current employee/s of LAS and their name/s
- Any other requirements listed under the position you are interested in
Local positions currently open:
Designation: Learning Support Teacher (Secondary School)
- Full-time teaching of students with mild to moderate learning disabilities;
- Facilitating multidisciplinary team and parent meetings, devising/implementing Individualized Learning Plans (ILP) and catering overall students’ needs;
- Supporting Learning Support students in their development of self-knowledge, self advocacy and independent learning strategies;
- Supporting differentiation strategies for all students in planning concept driven inquiry based units of study using CCSS standards and the Understanding of Design(UbD) framework
- Modeling and supporting the integration of assistive technology for each student;
- Provides for a safe, secure and pleasant learning and working environment for students and teachers;
- Ensures good order and fair discipline at all times during the school day;
- Regularly reviews personal teaching methods and work programs;
- Advises and cooperates with colleagues on the preparation and development of curriculum;
- Committed to learning and using programs used by the school to maintain student and curriculum records;
- Fulfills the requirements of all school policies including supervision, assessment, programming and reporting;
- Regularly reports, in writing and/or verbally, to parents on their child’s progress;
- Participates in school events/meetings that are scheduled throughout the year including staff meetings, in-service activities, open evenings, and parent-teacher conferences;
- Carries out the appropriate share of administrative and organizational tasks necessary for maintaining high quality education and providing a positive learning environment;
- Is a team oriented and collaborative worker who is enthusiastic about working with children;
- Adheres to the same discipline behaviors that are expected of students;Supports and enforces all school regulations and procedures.
These MUST be met for the application to be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Graduation in first or second division;
- Excellent English Language skills – all four strands (speaking, writing, reading, listening) should be verified;
- Teaching experience in required field/grade level (minimum two years) ;
- Three references (submitted by shortlisted candidates and verified) ;
- Appropriate ICT skills.
Applications with the following will be given preference in the short-listing process.
- Master’s Degree;
- BA/BSc/Hons from universities and colleges of higher repute;
(preferred institution will vary depending on the job/subject, as per the HEC ranking);
- American (or similar) certified;
- Previous teaching experience at well-reputed local schools (LGS, Aitchison, etc.);
- Three years teaching experience in the required field.
Interested candidates should send their resumes at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply – Overseas Teachers
Overseas teaching positions are advertised through International School Services (www.iss.edu) and TIE Online (www.tieonline.com). LAS attends ISS international recruiting fairs throughout the year. For the 2017-2018 school year recruiting, LAS will be attending ISS in Atlanta in December and San Francisco in February.
You may also inquire about overseas positions by sending an email to email@example.com .